While we were looking at the lions, a zoo helper told us that they sleep 20-22 hours a day! Woah! That's insane, but I guess the summer sun really does tire the creatures out. Most of the animals were sleeping or basking in the sun just lounging around. I don't blame them either, if I was an animal I would want to do the same thing. 

We were lucky enough to see the elephants during okay time while they were working with their keepers, and those humongous beauties are hilarious! I love elephants, who doesn't?! I didn't want to leave them, definetly could've stood there admiring for quite some time. 



Another animal I love with all my heart, are sloths. I can't get over them and for my birthday my sister symbolically adopted me one from WWF! I even have the certificate hung up in my room and everything. :) so they have a special place in my life lol! Not a lot of people know they have a sloth at the zoo because it's kind of hidden and is almost ALWAYS sleeping in it's little hammock, but to me, just to see it is enough. Of course I even had to get a picture by the cute little guy, even though he's almost hidden.














No comments:
Post a Comment