Day 2:
This morning was pretty slow. I didn’t want to get out of bed, but somehow I managed to. The place where I’m staying at is in the heart of the city in a huge tower with incredible views from every room. I am so lucky to be here. So anyway, it was pretty sweet to wake up to the foggy city seeing Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge right outside my window. They have a telescope here pointed directly at the Coit Tower and I definitely did some people watching through it. Haha wow I really do sound like such a creep! I promise I’m not, okay?
THE FRENCH MAN RETURNS (Day 2)
Okay he wasn’t French, but I pretended I was. Yesterday I ran into some guy who asked me for directions to Chinatown. I wrote about it in my Day 1 post, but to sum it up: I only spoke French to him and pretended I didn’t know English. I don’t know why I did it, I just thought it was funny hahah.
Well anyway, I can’t remember his name but let’s call him Jeff. This morning I was walking around Polk Street and was taking pictures of a cool cathedral there. Then, all of a sudden someone comes up to me and says, “Hey! I saw you yesterday!” IT WAS JEFF. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN SAN FRANCISCO. WHAT ARE THE ODDS I RUN INTO THE ONE GUY WHO THOUGHT I WAS FRENCH. Hahah he scared me really bad too, so I jumped. When I realized who he was I was trying so hard not to laugh. I saw him down at Fisherman’s Wharf yesterday, which we weren’t even close at our encounter today. I couldn’t believe it. I almost blew my cover, but I kept up my French identity. He asked me for my name and I pretended to know very little of what he was saying. He was super nice and was telling me he was staying with his uncle here and all of this stuff. He had no idea I knew every word he was saying. It was hysterical to watch him try to communicate with me. He would speak slow and use a lot of hand gestures. He asked me if I wanted to get breakfast with him, but of course I”m like “Uhhhh, je ne compounds pas?” Which means “I don't understand.” Then, Jeff started using Google Translate to talk to me. I panicked because I don’t know that much French and couldn’t carry on a full conversation like that. So I told him I had to go and we parted ways. It was hilarious. Seriously what are the odds of running into him? Great way to start my day.
When you wake up with a nasty ankle? (Day 2)
Here’s the thing: I woke up this morning with a green ankle. I’m not joking, the right side of my ankle was bruised green and killing me. What in the HECK! I have no idea how it happened or where it came from. It’s super annoying and I walk with a weird limp now. The pain isn’t excruciating but it’s just a bother, especially because I don’t know how I even got injured.
I’m the biggest tourist.
I looked like such a geek walking around with my camera in hand, stopping to take pictures of basically everything I saw. Do I regret it? Nope! I get to relive everything through my pictures so despite the people who were annoyed with me, I was able to capture moments I never want to forget.
SHOPPING (Day 2)
I tried to plan a budget for my trip and really didn’t want to go over it, but guess what? Of course I went over anyway hahah. I would say my favorite purchase from the day were my “I love sloths” socks. Last time I was in San Francisco, I got a pair of “I love elephant socks.” Naturally, I had to go to the Sock Store off Pier 39 again and add to my collection of animal socks.
FOOD (Day 2 &3)
I had breakfast at a quaint cafe off Polk Street, and for those of you who watch Gilmore Girl’s, it was just like Luke’s Cafe. Hahah it was super awesome. I think it would be sweet to live in a city like San Francisco and work at a cute cafe. That would be the life, maybe I should look into it.
I think I’ve had ice cream every day I’ve been here and I’m 100% okay with it. I love food, especially sweets. If you go to San Francisco, you need to make sure to go to Ghirardelli Square and eat all the chocolate and ice cream you can. Just thinking about it makes me want it again hahah. Also there’s a small ice cream shop by Green Street (I think) called Swensen’s. GO THERE. You won’t regret it.
If you like bread and soup (which I do a lot) go eat at Boudin by Fisherman’s Wharf. Their bread bowls are sourdough and are literally to die for. I actually almost did die because I kept trying to eat my soup when it was too hot and almost lost my tongue. So if you do end up eating there, proceed with caution.
Japanese Tea Gardens (Day 3)
Woah talk about the place to be. The gardens were amazing, I felt like I was in Japan… Or in a real life Mulan movie. I wanted to whip out some yoga poses or meditate with Buddha there. How cool would that have been?! There was a cute gift shop there and a small tea restaurant. I could’ve been there all day. I spent a lot of time just sitting down admiring the trees and flowers. It was calm and peaceful. Also, I seriously saw two coy fish kiss but nobody else saw it and I was laughing to myself. It was legit mouth to mouth action!
Muir Woods (Day 3)
THE TREES ARE GIANT. Holy cow I love nature, I cannot believe how lucky we are to have places such as Muir Woods to enjoy the creations of Mother Nature. The trees there are ancient, and enormous. No words can be used to describe their beauty. It’s cool because Muir Woods is across the bridge from the bustling city, and it’s a nice forest getaway. It also smelt so fresh and earthy, which is probably the best smell in the world haha.
To Summarize (Going home)
I’m sitting on the train, embarking on another long journey home. I’m happy and I feel complete. It’s important we give ourselves time off sometimes, get away from the world, and go somewhere fun. I know one day I will travel the world and see everything, but for now I’m grateful for small opportunities to go where I can and see the things I do. San Francisco is a place full of non-stop fun and endless sights to see! If you go there, you’ll understand why I love it so much. :)

























No comments:
Post a Comment